Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Perfect Red Lip

At my school where a live I am not an official High schooler, so to speak, even though I am in ninth grade. Our elementary school goes K-6, our Junior High 7-9, and our high school goes 10-12. So that brings me to why I have my ninth grade formal this Friday, because this is our last year in the Junior High! (I am sooo ready for high school!) And that brings me to my blog for today! The perfect red lip! 
I am very fair skinned and when I first thought of the possibility of getting a red dress, I have to admit, I was a little scared. Red is quite the daring color! But as I thought it over and tried on my first red dress, I was quite pleased, plus the dress was on sale for only $20! BONUS!:) I thought of ways I could spice up my makeup for my dress and decided on a red lip. So here is what I have learned about how to receive the perfect red lip: 

1. Take any old (Clean) toothbrush you have lying around and run it under warm water until it is damp. Rub the tooth brush over your lips to get off all the dead skin.

2. (Optional) Use a lip scrub! Red is a color that will show all your imperfections on your lips, so hydrate with a nice sugary scrub!

3. Use chapstick, let it sink in before step 4.

4. Apply lip liner around the edges of your lips to create a nice shape and to make your red lips last longer!

5. Then take your tube of lipstick, start on your bottom lip. Go from the inside of your lip towards the outside.


7. Take a lip brush and spread it out. Fill in all the cracks that you can't reach with the tube.


8. Blot your lips on a tissue. 
9. Pat translucent powder on your lips so it will last through the night.
10. Put on your final coat then fix all mistakes with a cu-tip! 
11. And presto! Stand back and admire your daring lips!;)


Thanks for reading and I hope it helps! Please comment if you would like to see my hair and or my dress for the dance! Love you all! Heres me being.... hmmm I don't even know...



<3



No comments:

Post a Comment