Sunday, May 26, 2013

Dip-Dyed Shorts

So recently I was shopping for shorts and I noticed how expensive they are! Once I discovered how cheap and easy it is to make my own, I will never buy shorts ever again!:) So I just thought I would show you these basic dip-dyed shorts.


Can you believe that these shorts were only 4 dollars!? I cant!

Step 1: Go to your local thrift store (I just went to goodwill) and buy a pair of high wasted jeans. (keep in mind they only have to fit around your butt and thighs... all of mine were so funny trying on! They were major high waters!) 


Step 2: Try on the jeans and mark the length you want them to be.. my advice is to make the front shorter than the back, but it is up to you.





*A tip is to fold your jeans over so and cut along the line so your shorts are even like so:


Step 3: Distress your shorts! (optional) I took some tweezers and just tugged at the end, you can also use sandpaper, both work! For the wholes I just cut slits and then did the same things with tweezers and/ or sandpaper.


Step 4: Get a bucket and pour about 1-2 inches of bleach in it. Make sure to wear gloves and not let it get on anything cause it won't come out! Dip your shorts in, you can go all in or just the top or bottom. I did the top. Leave it in for 10-15 minutes or longer depending on how light you want it. Take them out and ring them.


Step 5: Take the toothbrush and run it under water. Then rub the line where the bleach and the shorts meet. This will help it to blend easier.


Step 6: Wash and dry your new shorts as a delicate wash and enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment